Uninstall ESS4

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by reevesloh, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reevesloh

reevesloh Registered Member

Halo i been using ESS4.047 n i now wan to go to 4.2 but when i wan to uninstall my current ESS4 it now allow me to install....help me pls

Attached Files:

• 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      117.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  2. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

My suggestion:

1) Instead of trying to remove the ESET installation, first try to Repair it. You can do by doing the following: Start Menu -> All Programs -> ESET -> ESET Smart Security -> Uninstall -> Click Next -> Click Repair -> follow instructions

2) Reboot your pc

3) Try to uninstall your ESET product again, and follow the instructions, reboot. If it gives the same warning again, click Ignore.

4) Download the ESET Uninstaller for your operating system and save it on the desktop, see: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...earch&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1296907661196

5) Reboot in Safe Mode, you can do so by pressing F8 multiple times on boot up (before the Windows loading screen)

6) Run the ESET uninstaller.exe and follow the instructions, uninstall all items found

That should of work.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
  3. reevesloh

Thk it work out..But in ESS4.2 why my update module still at 1031 and firewall still at 1060?I already tick enable pre-release update and it still not update.I using window xp sp2 32bit

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      110.2 KB
      Views:
  4. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

After you did enable pre-release updates, did you actually manually update ESET? It might be possible that by manually using the updater it will force the program components to update.

5. reevesloh

I did it many time but still cannot...It is ok if my module not update?Or any method?

6. reevesloh

Halo can anyone answer me pls marcos or eset staff?

7. tactful

tactful Registered Member

have you opened the GUI and switched to advanced mode?if you do and did,there is a manual update radio button listed however there is an option to auto update you should find with the GUI open press F5 for a list of things to do/tweak. also suggest searching the knowledge base to see what you have to find to enable auto updating,scheduling,etc
    and that repair option usually does or did work.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A log from Wireshark with the HTTP communication captured during an update would reveal from what server the update was actually downloaded. When you have the log ready let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.