Uniblue Drive Scanner: your opinion

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by twl845, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I am a FF user and have NoScript installed. That doesn't have anything to do with my question except that on the NoScript home page Uniblue Drive scanner has an inconspicuous promo to click. It scans your system for drivers and allegedly tells you which ones are out of date. It scanned my system and found 4 that have updates available. Of course this only scans but you have to register and pay for it to get the updates. Does anyone here know of this product, and what do you think of it? Thanks for any responses. :)

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Never mind. I attempted to buy Uniblue, but the sale wouldn't go through. I suspect it was because I wouldn't tick a radio button which would allow them to renew my subscription automatically next year. Yeah right.

3. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Twl, can NEVER take Uniblue?

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi Prorootect, I don't get what your meaning is. I won't buy a product if it automatically renews your subscription. What if you buy it and a few months later you decide it's a dog and you uninstall it. After a year goes by, your going to find a charge on your Visa for the renewal and you don't have the app any more. From my experience with PC Tools that's what happened. They placed a radio button on their download page that was supposed to be ticked if you don't want auto renewal in a spot nobody would notice. I of course didn't notice it and a year later I got an e-mail notifying me my Visa was charged for a renewal. I had to surf their entire web site and links to find a place where I could send them a firm note, where upon they withdrew the charge. So, when I saw the radio button on Uniblue's invoice as I was entering my visa info, I left it blank. Every time I tried to validate the sale I'd get a note saying I had something wrong with the order and to try again. The only thing not done was the ticking of the radio button. So the order wouldn't go through. Oh well.

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I think what Prorootect is saying is can't take Uniblue seriously,Especialy when it comes to drivers.

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Ah, then I was saved from myself. Does anyone know a good app for scanning your computer and downloading drivers? Uniblue suggested 5 driver updates. My computer is 4 years old so it must need a few. I don't have the expertise to figure which ones myself. :)

7. PROROOTECT

Yes Djohn, Yes Twl: to get one's fingers caught in Uniblue? - NEVER!

Uniblue: let's forget it.

I am understandable now, YEAH!:argh:

I understand.:thumb:

*puppy*

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Thanks for the review. :D

9. PROROOTECT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.