Undetected Trojan

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wheelie309, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheelie309

wheelie309 Registered Member

Ok peeps, I was just recently almost a victim of an internet scam. Just to let you know what happened: I'm currently looking for a roommate for my large 2 bedroom apartment so I join roommates.com where I have always had good luck finding a roommate in a very short time. So, I got this email from a girl that sounded really intent on rooming with me and my girlfriend. The thing was, is that she said she was from England and that she was going to send a large sum of money ($5,000) to me and I was supposed to take out the first and last month's rent and to send the remaining ballance to her shipper so they could ship her car and belongings to my apartment. I thought this was a bit odd. I mean c'mon that is rediculous. I asked her why she didnt just send the money to her shipper herself but she woulndt respond to that email. So 2 days later i got 6 money orders for $1000 a piece. The money orders were from a Wal-Mart. So I figured I would take them to my nearest Wal-Mart and ask them what the deal was. After a few minutes of a manager in a closed office taking a look at them, I was asked to follow the manager to a small room which turned out the be the main servalance room. I was told that they had called the corporate office and that the money orders had already been cashed before but for different amounts. So they interigated me and called the cops in and all hell broke loose. I tried to tell them my story and they insisted that I was trying to cash them and scam them myself. But I simply said " C'mon people, if I was trying to cash them myself I would have SIGNED the back of the money orders." So they actually had no grounds to arrest me on. NOWWw........ this is where i need some help. The officers told me that they were going to send this info to the FBI for internation investigation and that they would be working with fed-ex in this investigation. They told me that I would most likely be contacted by them for info on possibly fishing out this person or persons. So I havent let on to the girl or whoever they are that I "got their number". I told the girl that I would have to cash the moneyorders in about a week due to my work schedule. I'm am trying to find an undectable trojan that I can send to this person so that I can retrieve any info that would insist in the arrest of this person. I know that these kinds of scams will continue to thrive but if ANYONE can help, this will be one less scam artist that will sucseed in scaming the next unfortunate soul. I know of some progs like Sub-7 but , I'm looking for something similar that will give me acess to sensitive info on their machine that can help in their retainment. This is really some "back burner case" for the FBI i know, but I would really like to rid the earth of scum like this. And so far, this has been my best chance. And Sub-7's signature is well known by anti-virus progies. And unfortunately I am not a programer or I would just program one myself. ANY help would be appriciated!!!!!

2. Ailric

Ailric Guest

Okay first off, before this thread gets slammed shut:
    - Nobody here is going to give you a trojan to "use"
    - if every word you say is true, the FBI can simply trace her IP (internet provider) address and catch her

again...
    Nobody here is going to give you a trojan to "use"

3. wheelie309

But thats the thing, its most likely going to be a "back burner case" and the cops said that it will most likely be nothing they can really do because it out of their jurisdiction and the if she IS really in england that her country isnt going to extradite her for something like that because scams like that prob wouldnt be taken serisouly by them. C'mon man, im mean serioulsy how would you feel if one of your friends or family members was scamed like that. What would u do with no programing knowledge?

4. wheelie309

Ok admin, I'm sorry for the post in the fact that I know that its policy not to discuss subjects like this... but if you dont believe my story is true..... here would be the proof...... Hillsborough county sheriffs office phone# and the actual case # phone: 813-391-5193 case# 05-354213 .

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Explain to the feds and they'll backtrace her (or him?). Just one contact back via net should be enough to verify. I doubt he/she will use any counter measures against backtracing. Even IM contact is enough (MSN Messenger tries to contact in P2P way so it should be easy,same goes for majority of IM or IRC clients). Or you can do it by yourself without any trojan. Tools can be found anywhere and they are usually free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.