unallocated space (partition?) question

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by savagcl, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felyn

Felyn Guest

With: OS= XP, Compaq smart array 3200 PCI adapter, SCSI Hard Disk Seagate (ST39236LWV Barracuda 18XL) capacity 9.19GB.

I need to backup SCSI hard disk. Of course inside have data.
    The in XP show unallocated (partition).
    Tell what to do?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Felyn,

Could you please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us? This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Please collect the information requested above and contact us from our web-site: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/support/ . Please don't forget to send the link to this thread along with gathered information. This would allow us to investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

3. Felyn

Felyn Guest

Hi Semyonov Vasily,

Can ATA HDD and SCSI HDD work together?
    Actually I'm using ATA HDD for bootup my OS.
    In Disk Mngmnt show unallocated partition on SCSI HDD.
    I using Acronis searching 'Recover Partition' but did not show any partition inside.
    Can I create new partition in Acronis but I need to make sure all my data inside SCSI HDD?

Thank a lot.

Sincerely,
    Felyn

4. Acronis Support

Hello Felyn,

Please note that "Recover Partitions" feature enables you to restore accidentally deleted partition (by mistake or some other circumstance). Using Acronis Disk Director Suite you can create a partition in cost of unallocated space without loosing any information on other partitions of the same hard disk drive. However please send a request to our Support Team as it was described in my previous answer to this thread and clarify whether there is any valuable information on your SCSI drive which you are worrying about?

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

5. Jonno

Jonno Guest

I have found the space is not created by a partition manager, but by a root kit perhaps or a trojan which has installed a root kit. Very interesting stuff, but we removed it by using Killdisk and then deleting all partitions where it wa showing up..Fancy it pretending to be a partition manager....

6. Acronis Support

Hello Jonno,

I'm glad to hear that you have found the reason of the problem and have solved it. Sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

If you have any further experience to share, please feel free to post it on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.