Unallocated disk space

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by johnpaul456, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnpaul456

johnpaul456 Registered Member

I discovered a safe way of increasing the size of my boot partition (C:) by creating an Acronis Secure Zone on another partition (actually a logical drive) then deleting it & distributing the freed space to C: This worked perfectly. Then I had a major Windows problem & had to restore C:\ from an image taken before C: was increased in size. I was surprised to find that C: was now back to its old size but followed by unallocated disk space. Would anyone know how C: & the unallocated space can be joined up? I've looked at 'Diskpart' but that doesn't allow for extending a boot partition & I even tried BootIt NG but this failed to extend C: So, I'm a bit stuck at the moment
    Many thanks for any help out there.
    John o_O

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

From what I've been reading here I thought that the latest build of version 9 allowed you to adjust the partition. What ver/build are you using?

3. johnpaul456

johnpaul456 Registered Member

Hi, I'm using TI Server for Windows 8.0 (build 1,01:cool:.
    Thanks for responding. John :thumb:

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Ah ... okay, while you're waiting for other replies, see what Acronis says on their web site about the latest build for ver 9. Or search around on the forum here to see if anyone said anything about unallocated space.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello johnpaul456,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

You can do the following in order to get the space back:

- Create an Acronis Secure Zone again using the unallocated space;
    - Remove Acronis Secure Zone by means of the Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard, adding the space to a partition you want.

You can also use any partitioning program (for example, Acronis Disk Director Server 10.0) in order to create a partition using the unallocated space.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.