Unable to reboot after image restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ambrose_dj, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ambrose_dj

ambrose_dj Registered Member

I have been testing version 9.1 but am unable to get the image restore to function correctly.

I have completed a full image of the drive but when I run the restore via windows or the boot disk, it seems to complete ok but the terminal then just seems to go into a loop and keeps restarting itself after about 5 seconds of disk activity after each reboot.

Has any body seen this before and if so how can I fix this.

Many thanks
    Dave

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

When you say....
    ...I assume that you mean including the MBR?

When you restored the image did you restore the MBR?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ambrose_dj,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Corporate Products.

Could you please do the following?

- Download Acronis Report utility from
    http://download.acronis.com/support/AcronisReport.exe

- Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send us (support@acronis.com) the report.txt file from the floppy disk along with the link to this thread. Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip or WinRAR) and attach to your message by browsing for the archive.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.