Unable to install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by coincoin, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coincoin

coincoin Registered Member

Hi,
    Am unable to install Acronis True Image, 9.0. I receive following error message : "The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again."
    My OS is WIN98SE.
    What should I do to install successfully ?
    Thanks for your suggestions.*puppy*

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try running chkdsk /r on your drive then do the install afterwards.

3. coincoin

Hi DwnNdrty,
    I did a SCANDISK, but no go, same error message.
    Anything else I could do to install Acronis True Image, 9.0 ?

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Calling all those with better memories -
    Wasn't there something about the need to delete certain temp files when this happens?

5. TheWeaz

6. coincoin

Hi TheWeaz,
    I went to the thread you mentioned (t=201306).
    - I disabled the antivirus and firewall software.
    - I ran the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility; Acronis True Image did not figure in the list.
    - I didn't do the manual uninstallation of Acronis True Image 11 Home, as the procedure given is not for Windows98SE. I did look in the register; I ran RegCleaner, and also looked for the entries mentioned in the manual uninstllation procedure. There is no Acronis entry whatsoever.
    I tried again to install Acronis True Image, but same story, "unable to install".

What should I do now ?

7. coincoin

Hi TheWeaz again,
    I attempted to install manually the program. I received an error message advising that some of the parameters of the installation instruction were incorrect. Following is the installation instruction that I gave :
    "msiexec /i E:\Acronis\acronistrueimage+notice(2)\acronis true image + notice\Acronis (D)\Demo\TrueImage\AcronisTrueImage.msi /l*v E:\Acronis\Log File\log".

I think I know why the install was not successful : that MSI file is for the installation of Acronis True Image, rev.10, which cannot be installed on a WIN98SE platform. And the two other MSI files in the extracted files are also for the installation of rev.10.

I attempted another manual installation using the following instruction :
    "msiexec.exe /i E:\Acronis\acronistrueimage+notice(2)\acronis true image + notice\Acronis (D)\TrueImage\AcronisTrueImage.msi ADDLOCAL=ALL PIDKEY=wpwct83yck3hmecfuq7vn6xqf /qb+", but also the same error message.

What should I do now ?

8. TheWeaz

Sorry, but that's all I've got. I had problems installing an older version/build (can't remember which one) and stopping the AV and clearing the temp files fixed it.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello coincoin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please also clear Windows temporarily folders, as suggested by TheWeaz.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. coincoin

Hi Marat,
    Am unable to download the upgrade 3854.
    I click on the "Register" alongside that upgrade; then I get another screen which says "Products Registration

Please enter the serial number or numbers (one per line) for each Acronis product you have not registered yet:".
    And that's all.

I did register beforehand my program, license no. (Removed for privacy reasons. Marat Setdikov.), and when I click on "My account", it does show my program "Acronis True Image OEM Installation".

Please advise on how I can install my program on my computer whose OS is WIN98SE.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2008
  11. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You should not put your Licence number on a public forum.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello coincoin,

We are sorry for delayed response.

For new builds of OEM versions, please contact the vendor from which the software was received (if the vendor has a website, latest versions may be available there).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.