Unable to clone/Index file corrupted Error sign

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alegator, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alegator

alegator Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation v8 Build 933. I have 2 internal identical drives, one with WinXP Pro SP2 fresh install with all latest updates (main drive) and a second drive to which I want to clone the main drive. I proceed following the Acronis Cloning Wizard, and when it prompts to reboot once Acronis verifies the source partitions an Error sign shows up and the process halts. The error sign reads:"ERROR CODE: INDEX FILE CORRUPTED. PRESS ANY KEY TO REBOOT". At this stage the keyboard is inactive so I'm forced to power off and power on again, after which an Acronis sign reads:"FINISHED" but of course the cloning did not happen at all, and eventually it continues until the desktop shows up.
    I ran CHKDSK and everything is fine, so how can I fix this? I did not have this issue with the previous build of Acronis.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.