Unable to access housecall or panda online scanner

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by fredra, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi folks
    I hope I am in the right section, if not the mods can move this thread to the appropriate area.
    1. When I attempt to access Panda's ActiveScan, it takes forever (more than an hour) and nothing loads, I have to cancel it.
    2. When I go to TrendMicro (housecall) and try ANY of there offerings, I get a message of "Housecall ActiveX component not ready"
    AV: Dr Web
    Browser: IE (security set to medium)
    Firewall: Windows SP2 firewall
    AntiSpyware: CounterSpy

Can anyone shed some light on why these online scanners will not work?
    Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    P.S. .... Bitdefender online scanner works fine.

2. ravin

ravin Registered Member

I'm sure you checked to install activex at the top of the scanner screens? and if you did - try downloading trial version of webroot spysweeper and run that to see if you get any hits. hope I was helpful... :cool:

3. fredra

fredra Registered Member

I never did get the "install activex at the top of the scanner screen(s)"....for the record I have run CounterSpy and it finds nothing, however, I will take your advise and try Spysweeper.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Cheers :)
    Edit: I tried Spysweeper, and it found nothing.
    Thanks Ravin

Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  4. ravin

ravin Registered Member

your welcome for the feedback. and to tell you the truth on winxp when going to trendmicro for the housecall scanning, the activex install is very small and you have to right click it or pick it to have the activex installed. I agree should be bigger if you do not see it. :rolleyes:

5. ravin

ravin Registered Member

one other item to check would be to right click internet explorer and select settings then select view objects. should show you a list of downloaded applications. you can delete these files as they are not needed. (check to see if housecall is in the list). if housecall in list and you delete these files then when going back to housecall at trendmicro will generate a new prompt for installation of the activex. Still trying to help! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.