Un-protected.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by P2BC, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P2BC

P2BC Guest

I don't know what is going on. At first I thought these were items that were not supported by SpyBlaster but...

I run the updater, it says its up to date.

Under Protection the status windows says for Internet Explorer that there is 6 item not protected. So I go check it out. There 6 items uncheck and are red. I check them and say enable. But there is no luck, SpyBlaster seems to be unable to enable the protection. o_O

What worries me is that the the type of item they are could be could be mallicious. I don't use Internet Explorer for anything. Never the less I want the computer to be protected.

The Items are.

Adult Content Dialer {1111111-1111....} ActiveX
    DialerPlateform Dialer [98] {25FD1198...} ActiveX
    DialerPlateform Dialer (99) {3469A...} ActiveX
    DialerPlateform Dialer (100) {5B1AD...} ActiveX
    DialerPlateform Dialer (101) {7CC03...} ActiveX
    Electronic-Group Dialer {1604DF98-D1} ActiveX

Any help would be great.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2005
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Those appear to be the latest ActiveX additions from the 6/29/05 update should that be important.

Assuming those are ActiveX protection entries....are you using a Windows NT based OS(2000\XP) ?

If so....does the user that was attempting to enable those items have Admin privileges ?

3. P2BC

P2BC Guest

Ya, you were right. After reading your post, I did so back checking.

The system and software was working fine, but someone changed my user prep from Admin, to debugger, with out telling me, and since there was no popup or warning that I was not set up as an admin I had no clue that was the reason why I could not enable the protection.

Since then I busted some heads and well they changed my user pref back to admin, and it is all working perfectly.(They reset the network and systems, and did not realize the mistake, was the official story.)

It just goes to show that sometimes the easiest answer in always the best, even if it is not obvious.

Thanks again.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are Welcome....and glad you got your power back :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.