UK ISP to defy Gov Net Censorship Bill

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by CloneRanger, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Leading UK ISP Says It Will Defy Government’s Net Censorship Bill

http://www.infowars.com/leading-uk-isp-says-it-will-defy-governments-net-censorship-bill

Stephen Dimms better fits the "Bill" :D

2. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Andrew Heaney has some serious guts.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

It sickens me that corporate groups have more power in the U.K and U.S than our own governments do. This is exactly what happens when you start letting these Hollywood/Special Interest groups get involved with government decisions. VERY few of these laws actually have anything to do with piracy. They are mostly blanket power grabs. Allow me to talk to both government officials and the Hollywood special-ed kids...erm, I mean, executives.

To Hollywood: You know, perhaps, just perhaps, if you stopped putting out CDs with 1-2 good songs and 8-13 absolute hurried pieces of trash...*gasp*...we might buy something instead of heading over to torrent websites. If you stopped making the same movies over, and over, and over, and over again, changing only actors/actresses and shooting location....*gasp*....we might pay to watch them. If I have to pay 30-40 bucks to get into the theatre, buy a drink, and buy stale popcorn, only to be subjected to a movie so bad or boring that I seriously want to die or kill...guess what's going to happen? You guessed it, not watching. Oh, and great movie, but it still costs me that 30-40 dollars?...Guess what? Yep, torrent time!

Perhaps if you stopped using money to sue people, and used it towards, hmm, I dunno, maybe making better products and NOT picking new singers off of Disney's assembly line of teens, you might be able to make money again...wouldn't that just be swell?

Now, on to the government: Guys, gals, seriously, read the damn bills before you sign them. If you don't know what "IP" means, gee, here's a thought, ask someone that does! It really isn't hard you know, well, maybe the not being able to lie and actually telling someone you don't know what the hell you're doing part is a bit difficult. But, you're Harvard grads, Yale alumini, most of you, I am CERTAIN you can do it if you just TRY. I promise it won't hurt, hell, you may even get re-elected....wouldn't that be swell?

4. quintile

quintile Registered Member

Great open letter, dw! So true!

Voting for a bill when you don't even know what it means..disgraceful!

There's alot of that going on everywhere not just the UK tho..
    think pols voting on healthcare when they and their families get most of theirs free for life...:rolleyes:

All I know is if they keep it up, we'll never get invited to the
    United Federation of Planets..
    What this world needs is a good ole alien invasion..intervention.

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Maybe that's why UFO sightings have decreased in recent years. Perhaps the aliens studied us for some time and figured anything they had to share with us we'd just screw up or get ourselves killed with it, and said "Moving on, nothing to see here".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.