UK Banks May Not Reimburse Fraud Victims Who Use Old Browsers

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Minimalist, May 26, 2016.

1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

2. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

Just saw that elsewhere. Sounds like it isn't just about consumers assuming their fair share of responsibility if/when they are found to actually bear some responsibility for security problems that do in fact result in fraud...
    That sounds like it would be, or at least could become, a firm requirement that every customer allow bank software to be installed on their device and grant it the ability to perform a detailed scan of their system. Even those customers who have never had a device or account compromised and/or those who who aren't currently suspected of involvement and/or those who have the most solid security. Given system scanning software and the information it collects has the potential to be abused in so many ways, that alone would be something to take rather seriously.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  3. itman

itman Registered Member

Hum ........ Sounds like IBM has made some sizable political contributions over there.

4. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

So let me get this straight: am I supposed to install an application from my bank which will detect if I use antivirus or if I have an older browser, but then I am supposed to use my browser to access the bank's site? This sounds pretty retarded. Why don't they create an application and convince me to use it to access the services and then the browser version becomes irrelevant?

This would be enough for me to give up any relation I have with that bank. And so, phase 3 will not happen.

So the bank will force my ISP to ban me from the internet? Why in God's name would I want to have an account in such a bank?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.