UIM Driver Failure in B&R 10 Suite

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by reedm, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedm

reedm Registered Member

I suspect that this has been covered in the past. B&R 10 Suite is the only Paragon backup application I have used that I cannot create an image in the Archives Tab. I select Show Partitions, right click, select Mount the archive, select a drive letter, hit yes and get the infamous "Failed to open UIM driver" popup. Reinstalling, as suggested in the popup does no help.

I installed B&R 10 Workstation, archived a partition, and was able, using the above technique to mount the partition. Not only that, but I could now mount a partition in B&R 10 Suite. I uninstalled Workstation, and, of course, I no longer could mount the partition.

When is B&R 10 Suite going to be updated so that the above described partition mounting is functional?

At this point, given the problems with B&R 10 Suite, and the hastle with disabling Paragon System Backup, and its associated nagging, I wish that I had purchased Workstation 10 instead. If there was some way to upgrade B&R 10 Suite to Workstation for a reasonable price, I would do so.

Reed

2. jonono

jonono Registered Member

ruh-roh, I also chose the v.10 suite, hope I don't experience this.

Also, my backups haven't yet been larger than 2 GB -
    is the auto-splitting @ 2 GB still an issue? thx

3. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Thank you for reporting this bug, the UIM should be included in the package and does not appear to be. Please let me know what build of B&R 10 you are using so I can investigate this further.

Also, the B&R free edition does have the UIM drivers included, so a work-around would be to download and install that version as well.

4. reedm

reedm Registered Member

Hello Paragon_Matt,

Thanks for your quick response.

I am running Paragon Backup & Recovery™, version 10, build 9105 (18.11.09) Suite.

Components versions:

Paragon Base Services Library, version 1.1, build 9105 (18.11.09 )
    hdm.dll, version 10.0, release 10, build 10505
    biont.dll, version 10.0, release 10, build 10505
    biont.sys, version 10.0, release 10, build 10505

I hope this info is helpful. If there is a newer version for download, please let me know. Also, if there is a permanent way to disable the Paragon System Backup, I would appreciate hearing about it. That in itself is almost enough to drive me to Workstation 10, if I could upgrade at a reasonable cost.

Reed

5. reedm

reedm Registered Member

Hello Paragon_Matt,

Have you had any success solving the missing UIM bug in B&R 10 Suite?

Reed

6. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Reedm,

In your device manager, uninstall the current UIM. Go to your paragon directory, there's a folder call uim, run the installer to reinstall the driver.If you don't have the uim folder: http://ftp.paragon.eu.com/support/DB10/uim.zip

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  7. reedm

reedm Registered Member

Hello Paragon_Tommy,

I went to the uim folder and ran the file named uim_x86.exe. That seemed to fix things. There was no .msi installer in the folder.

Thanks for your help. I did download the uim.zip folder, and its contents were the same as those in the uim folder on my computer.

Reed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.