Type:11 Code:0 comming from my ISP?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by stevvie, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevvie

stevvie Registered Member

I installed Loon'n'Stop the other day and must say I VERY pleased with it. My log seems to be filled with THOUSANDS of this entry
    D-44o_O? Date ICMP : All ICMP types (nukes, ...) ICMP cr0.smba.uk.easynet.net Type:11 Code:0. Now my ISP is Easynet. My question is should I just keep blocking Or should I allow this as I have no idea what it is. I seem to get 3 ever 30 or so seconds FOREVER.

Thanks

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

It is strange you receive so many packets like this.
    For me, something in the network configuration (either on your side or the remote side) is not correct.

If everything looks fine in the connections, and you just have these alerts, yes, you can simply create a rule to block these packets but without creating an alert in the log.

If you observe some slowness or whatever, I suggest you create the rule but you allow the packets (you can do that simply with a right click on one of the alert).

Regards,

Frederic

4. stevvie

stevvie Registered Member

I just installed looknstop on my daughters laptop that only had the built in XP Firewall, and that too was being bombarded with these packets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.