Two difficult screen / embedded capture questions

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Mrkvonic, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

Question 1:

I wonder if an application exists that can do the following:
    I play a game, a real time strategy. The screen - the map - is large and it can only fully be viewed by scrolling the mouse. I would like to capture the "entire" screen, not just the portion framed by my monitor. Is there way to do it?

Question 2:

I want to download embedded flashes. I tried the Download Embedded Firefox extension, but succeeded only in downloading flash templates, not the contents that I actually see while browsing.
    Does anyone know of a utility that could do that - pull the entire contents of tables, images and such, and download them (from within an embedded flash)?

Cheers all,
    Mrk

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi Mrk,
    SnagIt, HyperSnap-DX (trial) and Screenshot Captor (free) should be able to do that. :cool:
    Haven't tried the last one mentioned though, but they all can capture scrolling windows.
    Don't have a clue which utility could do that.
    SnagIt does pull images from websites, but I wonder if it could do it with embedded flash. :rolleyes:

Sorry. :doubt:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  3. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I'm pretty sure a screen grab will only take what is on the actual screen. Can you hold ctrl and scroll the mouse wheel to reduce the image to fit? Also, have you tried right click 'save image'?

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Eldar: Thanks for the links, it's almost what I needed.
    bigbuck: Things I want to capture are not images, otherwise it would be easy.
    Mrk

5. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

Just so you know it's about, here's a general purpose freeware tool for identifying streaming video & audio URLs.

URL Snooper

For the specifics of what you''re after I guess this is the nearest that I know of:-

Flash Grabber

I know nothing about it other than it is shareware.

6. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

You're welcome Mrk. ;)

Found another, haven't tried it out yet.
    It's no freeware, but really not too expensive. :)

Flash 32 is a powerful screen, image and sound capture tool.
    Use your mouse to capture a portion of the screen (any shape, any size), an individual window component, an entire window or a full screen. Capture from scanner, from your audio card (save under WAV, MP3), from files (exe, dll, ani, cur, bmp, ico, icl...), from the clipboard, include the cursor or not, or even another cursor. Captures can be saved in a wide variety of image formats (77 different, including jpeg, gif, tif, tga, eps, vrml, png, pcd, psd...)

You can even capture web sites, images from the Internet cache, images from webcams all over the Internet and produce videos clips.
    Other neat features include image resizing, cropping, filters, color adjustment, definable hotkeys, automated captures, printing, animation production (avi, mpeg, fli, flc). Flash 32 produces buttons, screen savers, animated cursors, wallpapers, desktop themes, windows logos... Flash 32 is a handy tool for anyone who needs to capture, create animations or convert images easily.

7. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

another extension u could try is amazing media browser. i havent tried it recently but its works most of the time.

8. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.