two bugs to report

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by lodore, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello,
    i like the new interface.
    i find it odd how the scheduler is the same as in 2.7 and is just knida hidden.
    i hope that is updated later on.
    anyway the two problems,
    1. once installed it told me the firewall rules where not found error.ive attached a picture of the log file in advanced options.
    2. if i change to advanced mode and change options e.g. changing cleaning mode etc when i click ok it tells me error cannot save options. also when i open options it keeps telling me it cant find firewall rules.

thirdly it asked for a reboot to finish installation. i thought it could install without reboot?
    installed on windows 2000 pro Sp4 with all windows updates.
    it is stable beta and only a few problems. quite nice for beta one!

i cant find a way to get it to ask me on actions?
    i made a eicar test virus and it deleted it automatically.
    where can i get it to ask me on actions?

once final is released i might get it for the pc im building for myself.
    i wont be able to afford the pc for a while and nod32 3.0 would be released for a while so could work out.
    lodore

Attached Files:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Windows 2000 requires a restart after installation, there might be a bug which does not show a prompt window, however.

As for cleaning, you can set the cleaning level to 1 so that you are prompted for action. However, I'm not sure how it currently works with heuristically detected files, it's better to leave it at the standard level in the beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.