Tweaking Feature in jv16 Power Tools 2009

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Escalader, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

It does not seem to be a very high priority for MaceCraft.

I opened the ticket on 2/21/2009 and it was acknowledged and escalated that same day. I subsequently bumped it for further feedback (on 2/25, 3/2, 3/3, 3/10, & 3/11). It apparently hit an automated response threshold on 3/18 as on that date there is an acknowledgement/escalation entry identical to the original acknowledgement/escalation entry. There has been no other or further visible activity.

Granted, it is not a show-stopper; however, given that a month has elapsed, a response not generated by software would be nice.

2. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Not good support in my view!:(

3. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

I did get an eMail stating that MaceCraft is refunding the upgrade charge I paid (from jv16 PowerTools 2008 to jv16 PowerTools 2009), and I have successfully applied my pre-existing license for RegSupreme Pro towards jv16 PowerTools 2009.

Still, any answer is preferrable to none for a simple question.

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I have jv16 PowerTools 2009, and have tried the tweaks in "System Optimizer/Performance tweaks" checked them all, and my Vista Ultimate is definitely faster, no problems, shutting down time went from 35 seconds to 14 seconds. Starting time didn't change much, and also used "startup manager" to disable 12 unnecessary entries at startup, it brought down the number of processes from 79 to 54. Every operation can be easily reversed.

There is one tweak that I find quite interesting: "Force Windows core to RAM. Forces Windows core and device drivers to be stored always on RAM and not in Page File (hard disk drive). Only enable this option if you have at least 1GB of RAM (XP) or 2GB of RAM (Vista)."

The odd thing is that my RAM consumption didn't change at all (it's always been around 650-700 with a browser on), so is it really doing anything?

5. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

I upgraded to the 2009 version a few days ago.I have noticed that some of those are ticked.I guess it's just waiting for me to apply them.This is a XP Home machine with SP3 installed.Just curious to see if anyone else has applied the tweaks that Osaban did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.