Tuneup Utilities Icon cant be removed?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sportsfan7700, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    I have uninstalled Tuneup Utilities 2011 through add remove programs and revo installer to clean the remnants. however, the tuneup utilities icon is still present after many reboots. The machine has been scanned with super anti-spyware and Vipre premium and both scans have come up clean.

Is there anything short of a reinstallation of Vista, that I can do or try to get this tuneup utilities icon bugger off my screen it is increasingly quite annoying.

note: I have tried a program like unlocker, and it could not delete the system icon from the task manager.

thanks for any help,

Matt

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

icon? Which icon? Screenshot?

Is there a process running for it? Try manually going to your program files folders and finding/ deleting it. Same for your appdata folder.

Try using CCleaner's functions, including the uninstaller to see if it finds anything.

3. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    No process but the icon disappeared. I'm going to boot into safe mode to get in to the program files to get rid of the folder. It must have needed a few more reboots... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.