Trying Nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Elray, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elray

Elray Guest

I have uninstalled NIS2003 to trial Nod32. I have the program set up as per the guidelines I downloaded with the trial version but I am noticing that the Event Log is indicating errors "gethostbyname 11001" "Error Connecting to Server" and "Update Attempt Failure". The program is fully updated because a manual update connects properly and either updates or advises me that the program is up to date. Can anyone help me with this.

Elray.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I receive the same error every now and then...

Time Module Event User
    22/09/2004 19:50:05 PM Update Function: gethostbyname, parameters: , return value: 11001

Not sure what it is, but aren't that concerned...

Cheers :D

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you use a dial-up connection, pls make sure you have the appropriate connection type selected in advanced update setup.

If you connect through a proxy server, it MUST be set up properly in advanced update setup - proxy server setup. Otherwise, the use of proxy server MUST be disabled. The latest version has brought a new feature which allows automatic detection of the proxy server settings.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Many thanks Marcos, I have made a screenshot...

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.