Trying LnS for the first time, can someone help me with a few basic questions?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by justenough, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justenough

justenough Registered Member

I've read that the Windows 7 firewall is pretty good, but I like that LnS is a lightweight firewall with outbound protection, and I just loaded it for a trial. So far it's working fine. Except, why is there an alert tone every 2 minutes? When checking the log, the alert has my router address. Is there something I can do about that?

Should someone like me with basic computer skills add Phantom's ruleset? Are there any other settings I should be aware of, starting out?

Thank you for any advice.

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I am not sure about the tone alerts. I remember getting them and went to options settings and turned the sound off. Phamt0m's ruleset is excellent. I have been using it since I purchased LnS a few months ago. I am not using the dll protection option. It generates a lot of popups. I do have most other options set including password protection and application filtering. I do not "lock" the computer though.

3. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

The extended rules set that comes with LnS has been more than enough for me over the years. I have made a few tweaks to it using the Raw Rule plugin downloadable at the Look N Stop site. Phantoms rulesset is highly regarded around here though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.