Try & Decide

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by person2006, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. person2006

person2006 Registered Member

:D Hi. Own acronis 6, 7, 8, 10, 11. All have run FLAWLESS, except try and decide on version 11. try and decide works perfect every time. the problem i am having is this, when i choose "discard changes" and reboot pc, it goes into the operating system black and white colored screen that says "windows did not shut down properly", i choose "START WINDOWS NORMALLY". After that every thing is perfect.

windows vista service pack 1 (installed flawless)
    3 gigs memory
    amd 4200+ dual core cpu
    geforce 7800GTX video card
    asus a8n-sli deluxe motherboard
    asus dvd-r drive
    maxtor NTFS formatted hard drives
    western digital USB 2 NTFS formatted external hard drive

2. kaledi

kaledi Registered Member

same thing happens with me, I assumed it was something to do with the roll back and Vista 'didn't see' the shut down.
    I haven't worried about this behaviour

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello person2006 and kaledi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

The situation when Windows Vista reports that the system has not been shut down properly after discarding changes made to the system in Try mode of Acronis True Image 11 Home Try&Decide tool is normal. The reason is that the changes made to the system by the operating system itself right before the reboot are also tracked by Acronis Try&Decide and Restore Points Filter driver and are not applied to provide reverting the system to the state it was in prior to starting Try mode. This situation is counted by the operating system as a disruptive shutdown. However it is absolutely safe to choose to Start Windows Normally and continue working.

We also would like to inform you that Acronis Development Team is constantly working on making our products better and most likely the issue will not reoccur with the future versions of Acronis True Image Home.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.