Try&Decide: problem and question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by philllie1, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philllie1

philllie1 Registered Member

Hi
    We bought some licences for our pc in a class room, main reason was try&decide.
    Now we do have the following question and problem:

-in Try&Decide mode, the pc become sometimes very slow, then they interrupt for 10/15 seconds, when nothing happens and no user interaction is possible (pc's are new and fast, it only happens in this mode). While we knew the pc would be a little slower, this does not make it possible to work at this computer.

-our main goal is to keep the pc's constantly in try&decide, so students cannot make any changes to the system. We would like of course, that the changes ar discarded at system newstart, which we can choose from the acronis menu. however, we would have to stay in try&decide after that, which seems not possible. How is this done? or is there a workaround?

thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello philllie1,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

I would recommend you recreate Acronis Secure Zone and reinstall the software it should fix the issue with slow performance.

If the issue remains look at Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> Search for Acronis Try and Decide Service, make sure it is started (right-click -> start), if it is started refresh it (right-click -> refresh).

In case it doesn’t help try to disable temporarily any antivirus software and see if it helps. If it does then download the latest builds and updates for antivirus software.

By the way what are the operating systems?

Regarding the second question, you will have to activate Try&Decide option manually.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. philllie1

philllie1 Registered Member

Hi Dmitry
    thanks for the helpful input. It seems to work better now on one pc, I will try out the others today. OS is Windows Vista Business.

regarding the second question: this gives me some headaches, because I need the enduser involved, which will turn out bad ..
    therefore: is there no workaround, for example starting try&decide via autostart?
    (also: is it possible to deactivate the infobox downright, that constantly shows up, saying I am in Try&decide?)
    thanks again

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello philllie1,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Unfortunately, you are unable to set the system in the described manner. I will create a request in our Customer Listening System (CLS), maybe, these options will be implemented for the future releases.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.