TrueImageMonitor memory growth and 100% cpu usage!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by silver01, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver01

silver01 Registered Member

We are incorporating TrueImage into an automated solution which includes making backups of remote computers from a central location and in a very controlled manner. We found a way to do this which involved rebooting the computers into safe mode (command prompt) and having that run an exe which spawns TrueImage command line to create the actual backup. There are various reasons why we went down this path which are not relevant for this post. Suffice to say we are using the command line tool in safe mode.

We have been using TrueImage 8 (server and workstation editions) and have not noticed this problem before. Recently we upgraded to TrueImage 9.1 (3567) because we wanted the image to contain the MBR even though we are only backing up specific partitions rather than the whole disk.

Now I am finding that when the computer reboots back to normal mode (having been running in safe mode) the TrueImageMonitor process starts hogging the CPU and its memory usage grows and grows until it eventually seems to die and disappears from the process list.

I am currently downloading the latest TI9.1 update (3854) in the hope it helps but I am not holding my breath. I also plan to go back to TI8 just to confirm that it wasnt happening before but TI8 is not really the best option because I will lose the MBR from my image files.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before or suggest anything I can try? For the Acronis guys - what more information can I provide to help you diagnose this?

We have put a lot of time, effort and money into basing our solution around TrueImage and this has become a major obstacle to us delivering our solution.

Thanks

2. silver01

silver01 Registered Member

Well in my quest to try out the latest TI9.1 update I ran into another problem but which, when I encountered it previously (on a different computer) I had put down to a hardware fault. What happened? I simply tried to uninstall TI9.1 and when prompted to restart I said yes! The result - my computer would no longer boot at all and instead went into an endless cycle of self-resets.

In my experience of it so far TI9.1 seems to be *very* unstable I it leaves me very worried about what will happen if I try to uninstall it from any of the other computers on my test system. Luckily I have a tape which appears to have images taken from when they were all installed with TI8. If I can get the system back to that point then I hope my stability issues will go away and I will have to think again about how to backup the MBR.

In reality what I really needed in these systems was a second hard disk so I could simply to a complete disk backup onto it but that is no longer an option now as the real target computers have been delivered with just one disk. Wouldn't it be nice if I could do a disk backup to a partition on the same disk (exactly as the SZ does allow me to do - except not from the command line!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.