trueimage9.0.3854_s_en.exe catastrophic installation failure on Vista 64-bit

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Joe Hunter, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Hunter

Joe Hunter Registered Member

Although this situation is similar to other problems reported it is occurring at a different time.

Basically, it's this:

After installing trueimage9.0.3854_s_en.exe, the latest update available in my registered list of products, I get the message about an unsigned driver (timntr.sys), and that Vista is disabling it.

Unfortunately, Something tries to run that requires it and I get the BSOD when I accept the reboot option.

Then when I shut off the machine and try to restart, I get the screen offering two options:
    Launch Startup Repair (rec0mmended)
    Start Windows Normally

Unfortunately, both of them end up with a new BSOD.

Even if there some way to get a copy of a different timntr, I couldn't install it because I can't get Vista up again.

My only recourse then is to restore the system to the factory state, losing all other customizations. The second time, when I tried repeating the TI installation, I didn't waste time doing anything else first.

NOT a happy situation!

2. Mem

Mem Registered Member

3. Joe Hunter

Joe Hunter Registered Member

Thanks for response, Mem,

I was pretty sure that would end up being the case.

But there was also the other comment in that thread about unlocking the trial copy of TI 2009 using your TI 9 registration key.

That would be nice, but I doubt if it meant that you actually got a non-trial copy as a result.

It would also be much better if Vista took some approach other than disabling the driver and leaving the machine in a state from which their is no Windows recovery mechanism.

Thanks again,
    Joe

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Joe Hunter,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 9.0 Home

The only way to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home with Windows Vista is under Acronis bootable disc. You will be able to backup and restore the image of Vista in case of need without any issues.

The better way is to spend $29.99 and purchase the upgrade to Acronis True Image Home 2009.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.