TrueImage Home 10 installation backs-out by itself?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by robertrock, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertrock

robertrock Registered Member

I have(had) version 8 build 937 on a WINXP SP2 dual-boot with Fedora Core 5. When I run the install it looks like everything is fine. At the very end of the file copying the installation will reverse, delete all files in c:\program files\acronis and say that "the installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image Home could be installed. You need to restart the installer and try again"

I've tried several fresh downloads, my key is correct, my Windows installer is version 3.1. Now I'm left with no Acronis installed because the update wiped out the previous version. I've tried the tech support but it's worthless.

Anyone have any ideas how to install this "product" ?

thanks,

robert

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Try cleaning out your Temp, Temporary Internet Files, and Cookies folders. Then try the reinstall.

3. robertrock

Thanks, Ralphie

Well, I tried that, also turning off zone alarm and McAfee, still will not install.

I can watch the program files\Acronis\Trueimage directory get populated then the files just get deleted one by one. It's very weird.

robert

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

How about a Registry cleaner ... did you run one?

5. robertrock

No have not done that. I thinks it's refund time

robert

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

7. robertrock

Yep, tried that to at the suggestion of Acronis. TrueImage does not even show up in the installed programs list that the tool displays.

I'm thinking installer problem myself. My system is very clean and always up to date, maybe that's the problem. It's really ironic that I started looking at Acronis to back-up my dual-boot system, more worried about the Linux partitions getting hosed than Windows.

robert

8. SamG

SamG Registered Member

I have just had this identical problem trying to upgrade a new Version 9 installation to Version 10. In my case, however, Version 9 is not removed.

Acronis' web site has an article about how to run the upgrade manually which produces a Windows Installer log file. I just did that and sent the file to Acronis. (There were errors posted.) My experience with their email tech support has been totally positive. They even created a True Image rescue CD for my new Dell Dimension 9200 with a RAID1 array.

I am optimistic they will resolve this problem. It apparently will affect most, if not all, upgraders.

Sam Gerber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.