trueimage full bootable version not running on my system

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ashjas, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashjas

ashjas Registered Member

hi,

The acronis trueimage full bootable version is not working on my system.while the safe version does.
    I have AMD ATHLON64 CPU,MSI'S RS480 MOTHERBOARD.
    can any one tellme why is this?

i had other machine whivh had intel cpu,there it worked.

is it that acronis doesnt support amd cpus?

please help.
    Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ashjas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We also recommend you to update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 889 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Please create the new version of bootable CD with the latest build.

Then if the problem remains, please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word and click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling, you can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually. Please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to support@aronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello ashjas,

That's because the "Safe" version of the bootable rescue CD utilises a combination of DOS and your motherboard's BIOS routines to access your hardware, whereas the "Full" version uses Linux and its associated device drivers.

It's nothing to do with the CPU but everything to do with whether a particular motherboard's peripheral devices chipsets are recognised by the Linux device drivers contained on the bootable rescue CD.

As a first step to solving the problem, please follow Irina's advice above.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.