TrueImage 9.1 punts on disk failure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by InTears, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTears

InTears Registered Member

A customer reported what appeared to be simple XP boot failure. As verified from recovery console, critical system files were corrupted. Before making changes I pulled out my trusty TI 9.1 cd and attached another drive to back up his drive. It cranked away until only 9% remained and then the HD revealed itself as the culprit, clicking, recalibrating, spinning up and down. TI continued to try for another 5 minutes and eventually gave the bad sector alert. Nothing more could be read. TI then happily exited and dropped the 91% it had backed up! I'm unable to locate the working files on the destination HD even using undelete utilities. I've searched by size, name, and date. There's no sign TI ever wrote to the directory.

Any hope of finding the TI work files? There should be 4 or 5 DVD-sized files before the last one that wasn't completed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.