TrueImage 10 crash from recovery disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sgoldste01, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgoldste01

sgoldste01 Registered Member

Hello,

I'm running TI v10 on Windows XP SP2. I was able to create an image of the internal C: drive onto an external USB 2.0 drive.

To test the recovery process, I created a recovery CD and booted the PC from the CD. I tell TI to enter the Full mode rather than Safe mode, because I need it to load the USB drivers so that I can access the image on the external drive.

As soon as I touch the mouse, the PC does an immediate crash and reboot. This does not happen if I tell TI to enter Safe mode, but that's no good because then I can't access the external USB drive.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

2. sgoldste01

Let me add some more details that might be useful.

The crash occurs after I've selected Full mode and TI loads all the way to the main TI user interface (where you get to select what TI task you want to perform). If I touch the mouse at that point, the PC immediately crashes and reboots. This happens as soon as the mouse moves 1 pixel.

I don't believe this is because of an incompatibility with my external USB drive. I say this because I was able to navigate far enough through the TI user interface with the tab and arrow keys that I could tell that it recognized my external USB drive.

But this does seem like it's some kind of a weird driver issue. If I boot into Safe mode, I can move the mouse without a crash, but then I don't have access to the USB drive. So there's some driver that gets installed in Full mode that's missing in Safe mode, and that's what I think is causing the problem.

Can anyone suggest a way to troubleshoot and fix this problem?

Thanks again,

Steve

3. LenC

LenC Registered Member

What kind of mouse are you using? Specifically, is it wireless? There are numerous reports in the past of various problems with a wreless mouse or keyboard - maybe some of those issues are carrying over to v10.

4. sgoldste01

I am using a wireless mouse and keyboard. What symptoms were other users experiencing? Was it making their systems do a complete reboot during emergency recovery operations?

Thanks,

Steve

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sgoldste01,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please try the following workaround:

Press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic

click on the OK button then and choose "Full Version".

If this workaround is of no help, please provide us with the following information to help us study the issue thoroughly and provide you with a solution:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files (sysinfo.txt from the diskette) and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. JayKay

JayKay Registered Member

Hello,

I've just purchased Acronis TrueImage Home 10.0 (Build 4,871) and have exactly the same problem as sgoldste01. Using the Boot-Options "quiet acpi=off noapic" doesn't solve the problem. When the TI user interface is loaded and I move the mouse by 1 pixel, my PC reboots immediately.
    I don't have this problem when using TrueImage Home 9.0.

System information:
    Mouse = PS/2
    Celeron 400MHz, 256 MB RAM

Regards

Jochen

7. Acronis Support

Hello JayKay,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download and install the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media with the new build.

If the issue persists after updating, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. JayKay

JayKay Registered Member

Hello Acronis Support,

the latest update (10.0.4942) did not solve the problem. I have already submitted a request for technical support as requested in the previous posting of this thread (this is at least one weak ago). Up to now I received absolutely no response.

Please Help.

Regards

Jochen

9. Acronis Support

Hello JayKay,

Could you please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

10. JayKay

JayKay Registered Member

Hello Acronis Support,

I have never received an auto reply message to my request.
    I have attached the "sysinfo.txt" file to this posting, as I have not been able to attach it to the private message.

Regards

Jochen

Attached Files:

11. Acronis Support

Hello JayKay,

Thank you for the provided information.

I have sent you a PM with the further instructions, please check your inbox.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

12. Clone

Clone Registered Member

I have installed the latest version (and latest Build) of True Image V10. I also have the same problem as the original post (selecting "Full" restarts the PC as soon as I move the mouse). :thumbd:
    However, if I remove my clunky old PS2 mouse (and use the keyboard to select options) it all works fine. :thumb:
    I have tried swapping various IRQs in the BIOS to no avail. I have also confirmed the same symptoms on a similar system (Compaq ENSS 866MHz). I will gather the required information (once I've blown the dust out of my floppy drives!!) and log a call.

13. JayKay

JayKay Registered Member

Hello Clone,

I'm sorry for the delayed response.
    I received an updated version of the bootable media image from acronis support which fixes the "crash on mouse move" bug.

Regards

JayKay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.