Truecrypt: Server MyDoc redirection leads to out-of-date files in container

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by jack2010, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack2010

jack2010 Registered Member

Hi,

We have a user who mounts and works out of a truecrypt volume each day.

Last night we redirected our users' mydocuments from their old sbs2003 location to the new sbs2011 server.

When the user logged in this morning, the container was in her mydocuments as normal (albeit now stored on new server), but on mounting it, non of the files from the past six months of work were there. The container isnt corrupt, it mounts fine and has all the files put there on the day it was created.

A first I thought the user was just mounting the wrong container, but there's only two to choose from and have distinctly different names so i discounted that.

Next i thought the user may have deleted everything themselves, so i restored the container file from backup taken last week when stored in the old location - same problem, only the old files there from when container was created. None of the backed-up containers have current files in them.

The 'preserve timestamp modification...' option was checked so the OS wont think the file has changed, ever. But with a full ntbackup, it should still copy
    the current data.

Im at a loss as to where the up to date files have gone. Any ideas? Would copying/pasting the container (as that's pretty much whats happen) do this? Ive copied containers before any theyve been fine.

Many thanks in advance for help.

*Note, I have posted this in the Truecrypt forums but there appears to be more activity/discussion about such problems here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.