True Image Won't Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 4ln75Z5a, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

IMO, booting the TI CD, creating the image and then validating it is a very good test almost as good as a test restore. Not quite, but very good since it shows the devices can be accessed written to and read from, with the data placed accurately in RAM and checksums re-calculated and all successfully compared. The creation and validation should also be completed in a reasonable amount of time. I'd say very roughly 0.5GB of compressed archive per minute with a modern PC would be a reasonable amount of time if the archive is on an internal or external USB drive. If it is taking a lot longer then there is likely a Linux driver issue.

If it were my PC, I would say it has been demonstrated the Linux environment works fine and I can now make images and do validations in Windows. I would do another test restore with the Windows created image to ensure there we no issues with the live-imaging. Rare, but not impossible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.