true image server 8 boot cd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by appollo, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appollo

appollo Registered Member

howdy im having a problem with a new motherboard (gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9) that we are using there appear to be no compatible network drivers.

i remade the disk using that machine thinking it would get the appropriate drivers but still no success, is it possible that i can add the drivers if not are there any other suggestions as to how i can get the network drivers working?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello appollo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

First of all please make sure that you use the latest build (937 ) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Then please create a new bootable CD and see whether the problem remains.

Could you please also provide us with the more detailed information about the issue? What error message did you get? Please describe all your actions before the issue appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. appollo

ok thanx for the reply i do not receive any errors it boots up fine loads up the program fine it just has no network connectivity with that motherboard ie u see local drives show up but no network if boot it with the previous MSI board we use its fine it just appears to be an issue with this motherboard albeit an important one for us

oh ive done the registration aswell pm me if u have any queries re that

4. appollo

im thinking that its a driver issue with the onboard nvidia networking is there any way i can add drivers to the bootcd??

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello appollo,

Thank you for providing the additional information on the problem.

Yes, this problem might be caused by the lack of the appropriate drivers for your particular network card. However, this kind of problems is usually easy to solve.

Could you please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt file) as it is described in Acronis Help Post?

Please also do the following:

- Boot from the Acronis True Image 8.0 rescue disc (build 937) once more and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and wait for # prompt to appear.

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt file from the diskette.

Please also download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, create new Bootable Rescue CD, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

Create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the exact model of your network adapter and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

P.S. You might also be interested in Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.