True Image Home 10 Huge Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DeathEvil, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeathEvil

DeathEvil Registered Member

I created Rescue disk and when I boot it it works fine until after the message please wait. Right before the menu pops up the computer restarts.

Before I was using Enterprise Server 9.1 rescue disk and never had any problems. I still have to use it because TI10 rescue disk is not working for me.

I have 2 Hitachi SATA2 drives in raid 0 on nforce4 DFI Ultra-d motherboard.

Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Is this before or after you select the Full or Safe version of TI?

3. DeathEvil

it happens no matter which version I try to load. Like I mentioned before with enterprise 9.1 I don't have any problems. I tried to burn it a twice to make sure that cd is good and each cd acts the same.

4. jmk94903

Why did you upgrade to version 10 if version 9.1 was working well?

I'm not trying to be funny or sarcastic. I'm asking a serious question. Was there a specific feature of version 10 that you wanted?

For the moment, version 9.1 may be the best solution for you until another build of version 10 is released.

5. DeathEvil

well the major reason was vista ready. Besides I like to keep my software up to date.

6. jmk94903

Well, if you don't buy a Vista machine or upgrade for a while, you can stay with version 9 until the next build of 10 comes out. With luck, that will have better support for your system.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DeathEvil,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate the problem and provide you with a solution:

- Boot your computer from the Acronis True Image 10.0 Bootable CD and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.

- After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button then and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

If you are unable to do that because of computer rebooting, please please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post using Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server bootable media.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. Prion Break

Prion Break Registered Member

Did you have True Image Home 9 installed on the system and then you updated to True Image Home 10 without uninstalling True Image Home 9?? i know this sounds weird if " Yes " the following steps are worth a try .

I suggest you Uninstall True Image Home 9 Before proceeding with True Image Home 10 installation , there might be program confilct .

To Uninstall :

completely erase True Image Home 9 from your computer with all registery

After you completely uninstall True Image Home 9 , restart your computer and install True Image Home 10 .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.