True Image build 800 doesn't work as well as earlier builds?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mareke, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mareke

mareke Registered Member

I have always updated Acronis when a new build comes out even though the earlier builds I have used starting with build 768; the one I purchased, have always worked pretty much flawlessly but I'm now encountering problems with build 800 that I did not encounter with earlier builds.

When I use the boot CD made with build 800 I get a message that goes something like 'Hub C: debounce failed port 1 disabled'. Then when I try to restore an image Acronis freezes at the start of the restore process. I don't get this message or the freezing if I use a boot CD made with an earlier version such as build 774 so I can still successfully use Acronis. From now on I will be reluctant to upgrade when a new build comes out because of this experience however one would think that it’s not unreasonable to expect the latest build to work as least as well as earlier ones.

I just wandered if anyone else has had a similar experience and if anyone knows the meaning of the error message.

2. dasherwood

dasherwood Registered Member

I am getting exactly the same problem that you describe. I have loaded True Image 8.0 from a CD and in the HelpAbout it identifies itself as build 796.

This is a most serious problem as the log shows that the scheduled full image creation started, but 3 hours later is still awaiting completion. I belive that the actual image creation never actually started. I created another incremental image schedule a that started and paused waiting for the full image to complete. I then cancelled the incremental image and tried similarly to cancel full image schedule item whcih was still flagged as in progress. True Image accepted the cancel , but did nothing. I cancelled it again and True Image crashed. The crash data was sent automatically sent off to Acronis over net.

I now have now way of creating a full or incremental image, so this is a most serious show stopping issue, which I will report to Acronis via email just in case they do not read this BB.

Dasherwood.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mareke,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The problem with an error message you mentioned is known and fixed in next build. You may disregard it without any risk.

As concerns the problem with restore please create the "sysinfo.txt" file in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dasherwood,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download the latest (800) build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Please let us know whether the problem persists with the latest build or not.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.