True Image Backup Speed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Michael Gardner, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I can't even make another backup. I have found TI to be the most difficult program I have used and I try a lot of software. Plus, when I ask a question in this forum, I don't get answers. I have a thread currently in this forum and I have not gotten one answer. Granted, it was only about six hours ago that I posted the thread but since then there have been a bunch of threads and most of them have replies and many have replies from Acronis.

I got an error message when I tried to make an image. I have always gotten the error message. I think I recall that last time I made an image (Oct 2006) I had to try maybe 20 times before suddenly there was no error message and I had done nothing differently. I asked about the error back then in this forum and got no replies. I now want to make a new image. The error makes no sense and has incorrect grammar (which is probably just an oversight).

I finally figured it out. But I think this is a very confusing program to use. I don't have problems understanding other programs. I just hope I can remember the next time what to do.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mele20,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please be more specific and provide us with some additional information about the issue you have experience? What exact error messages you have received? When exactly have you received them?

If you are talking about the same message as on the screen shot attached in this previous thread you have stared, note that this is not an error message, it is a confirmation message, which warns you that it is not safe to store the image on the same partition you backing up.

Note that the farther you store the image archive from the original data, the safer it will be in case of data damage. For example, saving the archive to another hard disk will protect your data if the primary disk is damaged. Data saved to a network disk, FTP server or removable media will survive even if all your local hard disks are down.

I would also recommend that you find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.