True Image and dual boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mrkvonic, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I have very little knowledge about True Image, some help would be appreciated.
    If I understand correctly, it is possible to use True Image with dual boot. So the questions arising are:

If I backup Windows partitions, can I also backup MBR?
    If I backup MBR, is the GRUB loader also backed up? I have installed GRUB by default (overwritten the original Windows MBR). If I were to backup Windows and restore, would the dual boot still be preserved afterwards?
    Can True Image recognize / backup efs / swap partitions?

Mrk

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    No one?
    Mrk

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mrkvonic,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please take a look at my reply in another thread you started.

Also, please try to avoid posting duplicate requests in the future as it makes us as well as other forum members do a double work sometimes.

You can find the list of the file systems supported by Acronis True Image 9.0 Home on it's System Requirements page and in section 1.4.3 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide.

Please also note that Acronis True Image 9.0 Home has a special sector-by-sector support for partitions having non-supported or corrupted file systems. Please take a look at this previous thread for further details.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.