True Image 7 and Netware...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mjoex, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mjoex

Mjoex Guest

Hi:

Has anybody out there used True Image 7 to image a Netware server? I'm thinking of doing that and I would appreciate any advice.

TIA

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Acronis
    True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/)!

You can use the product with Novell Netware, but it will work properly only in Windows.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. Mjoex

Mjoex Guest

Hi:

1. Thank you for the reply... I have purchased TI7... very nice product.

2. I don't understand what you mean by "... but it will work properly only in Windows"

3. I also read about a boot iso of TI7 in this forum, how can I obtain it?

Regards

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

I mean, that Novell Netware is supported only in Windows - so you would be able to restore ony non-system partition on such computers.

You can create a bootable CD yourself by using the in-built feature - Bootable rescue media builder.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

5. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

I too am confused by this statement. Novell Netware is an operating system. I'm having a hard time parsing your statement.

6. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

The only thing that I can imagine his statement applying to would be a multi-boot machine that could boot netware or windows. But, I never heard of anyone using such a machine.

7. LegacyUSB

LegacyUSB Guest

While this is an old thread, it remains on file, so I'll comment:

TI and TIS "understand" the Windows file system, so they can mount an image and find files within it. They don't understand Netware, so they can make an image of a disc and restore it, but can't do anything with individual files.

I can copy a book written in Polish because I know how to use a book, turn pages, recognise the letters, and so on. With a book in English, I can also tell you what the book is about, make a summry, etc.

There may be small print; unless you can find the information you want in the FAQ, you'd best make an image of a Netware volume, restore it to another HD, and see if it works.

HTH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.