True Image 7.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Spatz, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spatz

Spatz Registered Member

I have the TrueImage 7.0 / Laptop VAIO PCG-FR315S / Windows XP Home SP2 / (Sony) DVD-RW.

I had the intention do download the Backup I have made to the DVD-RW. After +/- 19 MB I get a message that the download is not possible.

Who can me declare the possible troubles I get. Has it anything to do with "UDF". What could be an easy solution? I am "only an User" and have a lot of troubles to understand technical matters.

Thanks in advance.

Spatz

2. noonie

noonie Registered Member

This is the easiest and most reliable method if you can create your image backups to another drive. external or network.

Download a free prog called DvdInfo to format you /RW disks first.
    (/R disks don't need to be formated)

Download a free burning program called Deepburner.

Use thee TI boot cd and make your backup images 650MB sizes on another hardrive.

Drag and drop your 650Mb tib files into Deepburner until they fill up a dvd(s) and burn.

This assures that the disks can be read etc on all dvd readers.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Spatz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I regret to inform you that we are no longer able to provide technical support to customers who are using Acronis True Image 7.0 because we have released a new version and do not develop the old one anymore. We would highly appreciate your consideration on this matter.

Please also be aware that neither Acronis True Image 7.0 nor the current version of Acronis True Image write to DVD directly, instead they utilize third party UDF packet DVD writing software.

Please make sure that you have the appropriate UDF packet DVD writing software installed and all your DVDs are properly formatted according to this FAQ article.

If the problem still persists then please download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 and try to burn your images to DVD once more.

In case you will be able to successfully burn your images to DVD using the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

If that does not help and you still can not burn write your images to DVD then please collect the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Have you received any error messages? What exact messages?

Please also do the following:

- Start command prompt;

- Go to \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDRecord folder;

- Run "cdrecord –scanbus > scanbus.txt" command and collect the scanbus.txt file.

Create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  4. Spatz

Spatz Registered Member

Gruezi mitenand

Many thanks for your advice regarding the Version 7.0.

It was my intention to buy the Version 9.0. In meantime I red (PCWelt) that a lot of bugs in the version 9.0 are existing. Therefore I have decided to install firstly the Version 7.0. Now, I have also troubles with the version 7.0 regarding the "Datensicherung / Page 33" (of the german description); I cannot find the Task, resp. "Neuer Task" for the safeguarding (Datensicherung) of the dates.

I understand your standpoint. On the other hand I am a little astonished that you are not ready - under the actual circumstances - to assist for the Version 7.0. At least an assistance for 7.0 could also be PR for the definitve Version 9.0 (without bug's).

Be at as it may, I thank your for your advice.

Kind regards

Spatz

5. Twink

Twink Guest

I can't get TI7 to restore the image I created when I reloaded windows 6 months ago. This is the first time I have tried to restore the image. Why would I buy a new program when I can't even get the original to work.

XP SP2

6. Twink

Twink Guest

By the way I have spent more time trying to reload the previous image than I would have spent if I would have simply performed a fresh install. Also I have followed all the procedures outlined in the FAQ (ie latest build, uninstall, fresh install, etc, etc.)

I'm so sick of products that don't seem to work - waste of time and money

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Twink,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As Alexey Popov mentioned above, we do not support anymore customers who are using Acronis True Image 7.0.

We recommend you to download Acronis True Image 9.0 trial version and see whether you can restore your previously created image.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase Acronis True Image 9.0 Upgrade.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

One off-topic rant removed. Support questions were asked and then answered, no need to join in just to add editorialization about competition in the software world etc. As the questions here were answered, I'll close this thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.