True Image 7.0 Restore, help help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LXu, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LXu

LXu Guest

I used TI 7.0 for my XP professional and it worked quite good for both creating and restoring the Disk Image (DI). Several weeks ago, I changed the user setting, instead of one account I created three accounts for different users. Since then I created three DIs without problem. But today I wanted to restore the DI back. I tried all the three DIs, the procedures were ok but when rebooting, first of all it cannot find ntldr, I fixed that by copy one (this happened before). After that, the winXP can boots until the screen where the user account should display, but what I got is just a WinXp logo and the computer go nowhere. What can I do to make the computer work. Help me please. I need the computer to do my project.

Thank you very much.

2. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

Try doing another restore from your latest image. After the restoration has completed reboot to your XP installation CD and do a MBR/Boot Sector repair using the Recovery Console. Try this with each of the 3 images if you have too. DO NOT boot up into Win until you have done the repairs. I am assuming that you are single OS booting and that you are doing the image restores from TI bootable media! If this works and you get into XP, COMPLETELY uninstall TI and then reinstall it. TI sometimes "reacts" to the strangest OS/hardware configuration changes! The boot time messages from the NT series (includes 2000/XP) can be somewhat misleading. "Cannot find ntldr" or "Missing or corrupt ntoskrnl" usually point to a problem with the MBR/Boot Sector. *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.