True Image 2013 released

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Gorkster, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorkster

Gorkster Registered Member

Well, Acronis has released a new True Image version. As they did with 2012, they "promised" to fix the issues in the software with the 2013 release. They have posted release notes for this version.

Use at your own risk! ;)

2. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

No thanks. I like to work at others' risks.:D

3. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Coming in at about 226+ MB, this application should also serve dinner and coffee, and let the dog out. ;)

I tried Acronis back at version 7 some years ago. It was ok then, until over the years they have seemed to go downhill according to some users. It can happen when companies try to include the proverbial kitchen sink approach which usually leads to a broken application.

I do hope they have actually made improvements, but personally I like the no nonsense approach of someone like Terabyte, along with their reliability and flexible features. Just a personal choice :)

Thanks Gorkster for the post!

4. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

No. Never again. Acronis will never touch my machine again.

5. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

I have heard that said form many past Acronis users MarcP. I never tried it after the version I used, as it began to become so bloated, and they lost sight of their main purpose. If I remember correctly also, those that tried to uninstall Acronis found it was an ugly persistent beast to get rid of, leaving a lot of registry data and remnants. These kind of tricks from companies, in my opinion, are purposeful, to discourage users from removing it.

I think you are very wise MarcP to not mess with it. Sometimes, less is better, and too many companies keep packing 'features' into applications that end up leaving end users working with already broken software. I often wonder if Acronis actually listens to their user base at all, because so many passed problems still keep returning in some cases, at least from what I have read. I just do not trust it personally. Have a good day. :)

6. andylau

andylau Registered Member

Not many new features added. Mainly bugs fix:oops:

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Although it's a bit bloated, it's a reliable software in my experience and it has some handy features. :thumb: :D

8. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

Reliable it as been nothing but for me. It actually broke my system and the sync feature still has this nasty bug after deleting a file and replacing it with another of the same name.

Garbage.

9. Gorkster

Gorkster Registered Member

If they truly really actually fixed the bugs it might be worth it to someone willing to take a chance...

10. hercules

hercules Registered Member

I have previously owned true image 2009 32 bit. Last month I purchased a new laptop i7 with 8gig of ram. It was running fine until I purchased and loaded true Image 2013 und then the machine just kept crashing. I spent many hours restoring the machine and reloading my software. This machine has no net access. After using the American freshly restored machine I for a week with no need issues, I reloaded true image 2013 only to remove have it crash almost immediately. What upsets me the most is the ability hoops you need to jump through to contact support. Use it at your own risk as I b have discovered.

11. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

I used ATI 8 on Hiren's boot CD. I didn't happen to restore it. But as for usability and speed it worked great. So I have only best though not confirmed (because there wasn't restoration) impressions about ATI.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  12. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I'm using it on Windows 8 without any complaints. I have already had to restore 1 machine where Windows 8's own recovery utilities failed miserably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.