True Image 2009 Restore Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cdldt, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdldt

cdldt Registered Member

I have daily incremental backups scheduled in Acronis True Image.

Today, I wanted to go back to yesterday's update because Windows Media Center had screwed itself up. So I fire up True Image and select the desired image (after many delays) and reboot when prompted.

I reboot the system, and after the boot-time TI loads, I receive a message about cannot read sector 0 on disk 0. This appears several times. Then it appears for disk 4, which doesn't exist - presumably this is the USB card reader without a card in it.

After successfully restoring, Windows Vista boots up and then True Image immediately starts to do another disk backup, but instead of being a new incremental which should take a couple of minutes, it goes about creating a new full backup.

I cancel this, so I can deal with it later, and wait for True Image to load up. I need to restore all of the emails that I received in between yesterday's backup (which I restored from) and today's backup (before I started the restore).

Well, the files are there, but once again the names are all screwed up. My full disk images are named "Disk archive", "Disk archive(1)", "Disk archive(2)" and my Outlook backups are named "File archive", "File archive(1)", "File archive(2)".

Why can't the backup/restore work as well as it used to in True Image 8?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Because this is how it has always been with the new versions - few of the previous bugs are fixed, what was working may now not be, plus new bugs are added. Fortunately the basic features still work. By that I mean, no SZ, no SRM, no T&D, no Incs, no Diffs.

The trick is to find a version with the features you need that work and stick with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.