True Image 11 Home Build 8064 ICH8R Raid

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MadOutcast, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadOutcast

MadOutcast Registered Member

Hi all,

regarding the issue with the Intel (fake/soft) Raid and restoring at Boot:

1) has this issue been resolved with build 8064 in all languages?

if this does not apply, then i have a the next question

2) is this only an issue with the german build? i.e. could i install the english version that apparently does not have this problem (dont care about the language my OS XP 64 bit is english as well)

many thanks for your support

regards Mad

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MadOutcast,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify, what exact problem have you encountered?
    If the problem is incorrect recognition of a RAID when using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, please do the following:

Please make sure you use the latest build (8064) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the exact model name of the RAID in question.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Please be aware that serial numbers are different for different language versions. If you wish, we can replace your version of Acronis True Image with a different language one.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. MadOutcast

Thanks for your reply Marat

I am working on a Dell Precision T3400 with the onboard raid from Intel ICH8R, running on XP 64 (fully updated) and to be more precise with regards to the default language settings --- GERMAN --- sorry

In the German FAQ their is a huge post with regards to this RAID and a extra comment with regards to Dell machines...

I actually dont have a problem, i was reading in the forums looking up possible problems with true image i.e. making sure that if the worst case happens that i will be able to restore my System.

Whilst surfing i found a couple of posts that mentioned my Raid system and problems at boot with the Raid detection. Mention was here that the user should create a extra boot cd with implemented raid drivers.

The weird thing was that the english FAQ and english posts in the support forums make no mention of this ...

hence my Question: does the latest build of TI 11 Home take care of this in the German version.

The software version i have baught (TI 11 Home & Disc Director Suite10) are both in german, if the problem with the german version of TI 11 is still not solved, then i would gladly change to english

thanks for your support, i hope my question is more clear now

regards Mad

PS happy holidays to everyone

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  4. Acronis Support

Hello MadOutcast,

Could you please clarify, where is the mentioned German FAQ and that particular post located?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. MadOutcast

Hi Marat,

here you go:
    http://www.acronis.de/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq/sata-raid/
    hope this helps. I could not find the english counter part of this FAQ.

here is a post that would support my theory:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=192635&highlight=ich8r

This lead me to the conclusion that the english TI 11 Version does not have this problem i.e. recognizes the Raid Array and its Partitions.

Due to the history, i actually was under the impression that my question would be easy to answer. I just want to make sure that if push comes to shove that TI 11 Home (german Version) will do what i baught it for...

thanks for your efforts

Mad

6. haerdalis

haerdalis Registered Member

Just a quick silly question.. Is the 8064 build a german only version?

I ask because it isn't visible in my product updates (Latest on my english update page is 8053, 2007-11-07).

If it is german only, then maybe it's time to sync the versionnumbers between languages somehow..

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  7. Acronis Support

Hello MadOutcast,

Thank you for clarification. That German FAQ article was added per requests of our German customers that encountered problems with correct recognition of their RAID by Acronis Bootable Rescue Media. Please follow the article recommendations to determine if your RAID is correctly recognized. If you are unsure, please make a photo of any Wizard screen where you expect your RAID to be displayed (under Acronis Bootable Rescue Media), and submit a request for technical support with the photo attached.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. Acronis Support

Hello haerdalis,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Currently, 8064 is the latest released build for german version of Acronis True Image 11 Home only. Usually, new builds for different language versions of Acronis True Image are released independently of each other.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.