True Image 10 Home Will Not Boot on An Asus M2N-SLI Motherboard

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dfrailey, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfrailey

dfrailey Registered Member

I get a Kernel BUG at generic.c:115
    Invalid Operand: 0000
    INSMOD
    /bin/insmod amd74xx

Safe Mode will boot, but no drives (NVIDIA Raid apparently not loaded) and no Network (NVIDA Ethernet) -- so how am I supposed to save an image?

HELP! (This is not exactly a rare motherboard)

2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Did you try the "quiet acpi=off noapic" parameter as detailed in the Please Read Before You Post sticky?

3. m2nman

m2nman Registered Member

I am also having the same problem with my M2N. Yes i read the sticky and the
    quiet acpi=off noapic did allow the cd to boot to full version for cd rom access. any other solutions?

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I had the same problem. Bartpe is an excellent workable solution. Just get your nvidia raid drivers and put them in the driver folder of Bart. Hollar back if you need help.

Pete

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please collect the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and then submit a request for technical support? Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will provide you with a special ISO image of Acronis True Image Home Bootable CD that has fix for this issue.

You can follow this link to get information about how to write ISO CD image files on CDs.

Please also note that we are going to include the fix into the future builds of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. I'm sorry, but at the moment the exact time-frame for that is not set yet. We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. jennic

jennic Registered Member

Turn off your JMicron RAID controller in your BIOS - The kernel just can't handle it and dies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.