True Image 10 and iTunes

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by The4Bs, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The4Bs

The4Bs Registered Member

Are there any issues with iTunes after using ATI 10 to move to a larger hard drive?

I want to capture a system image from the existing smallish hard drive, install a new larger hard drive, then boot from the True Image CD and restore the image to the new larger hard drive. I am using Windows XP MCE 2005 SP3 and iTunes 8 (most recent version).

With iTunes you need to authorize computers to play iTunes store bought music. Does iTunes recognize the new hard drive as a new computer which I imagine could lead to authorization issues? Do I need to do any prep work before capturing the image to handle any iTunes issues? Or will the restored image just work?

Thanks.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I don't think it matters at all. The itunes library doesn't even have to be on the system hdisk.

Of course, why don't you just deauthorize before you make the backup and then reauthorize after restoring? You're allowed 5, iirc, but you can change which machines make up the 5 by deauthorizing and authorizing -- there's no limit on how many time you do that but you can't exceed the total at any one time.

[who said apple products were always easier to use? ;-) ]

3. The4Bs

The4Bs Registered Member

Thanks.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello The4Bs,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

If it’s desktop then the easiest way is to use Clone Disk option. Using “Clone Disk” option you will be able to transfer all data from source hard disk to destination one. The destination hard disk drive will be bootable. The program allows you to transfer your system partition and installed applications to a higher-capacity hard disk, preventing you from updating your software.

Check user guide for step-by-step instructions

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. The4Bs

The4Bs Registered Member

Just a follow up for those that are interested. I backed up a disc image to an external hard drive and then restored that image to a new bigger hard drive. I restored the MBR and all partitions, resizing to fit the larger drive. Everything works perfectly and iTunes had no issues whatsoever. It worked just as though it was the old smaller hard drive.

Thanks to those for their input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.