Troubles after converting from Spybot S&D to Spyware Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jskrout, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jskrout

jskrout Registered Member

First of all, thank you for providing this forum; I hope I can get some useful advice here. My ISP coordinator got me on Spybot Search and Destroy a few months ago, after a spyware-related crash. Then, just recently, I pointed out to him that Spybot alerts me (or, more frequently, my wife) whenever a "known threat" has been detected. This seems to occur most often on ebay, where my wife conducts a lot of business. She must constantly click "yes" for Spybot to block every known threat that comes along (and they seem to be innumerable on ebay). My ISP guy said to get Spyware Blaster, which--he said--should put Spybot "to sleep." I downloaded Blaster, then logged onto ebay as a check, but the alert windows still come up every few seconds. What can I do?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey jskrout,

Do you recall some of the alerts ?....were they Doubleclick ?

For testing purposes....would you mind disabling a function of Spybot temporarily ?

Close all browser windows and with the Spybot program running....select the Immunize button in the left side box. As part of Immunize....Disable....if Enabled, the permanent blocking of bad addresses. Open a browser window and check out E-bay. If Spybot throws a box up....Please write down the bad download it's speaking of.

While Spybot and SpywareBlaster have some of the same features....ActiveX blocking, Restricted Sites blocking and cookie blocking of certain sites\components....they have enough differences that most users would be advised to have both and kept up to date.

As far as your ISP's comment...."get Spyware Blaster, which--he said--should put Spybot "to sleep.":....no comment :(

3. Clowny

Clowny Registered Member

Hello. Just wondering since your post didn't make it too clear, but have you made sure that Spywareblaster has it's protection enabled?

Sorry I can't think of anything else.

Attached Files:

• SB.PNG
      SB.PNG
      File size:
      23.9 KB
      Views:
  4. draysrule

draysrule Registered Member

Click the Immunize button. In the lower right make sure to select Block All Bad Pages Silently. This should do it. Take care and Thanks to all for this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.