Trouble With Panda Active Scan!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zoran, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoran

zoran Registered Member

I had a Worm infection, cleaned it with AVPE Cl.
    I did the scans, and Kaspersky online scan
    I wanted to try Panda Active scan before that, but
    mistakenly denied myself access to one of the files from Panda
    -AVPE reacted , I made mistake and since then Panda is not installed but I can see it in ADD/Remove, and when I try to unininstall I get that it is already uninstalled
    When I open Internet Options it says that Active X Installer Class is present

I have tried to delete the files from Internet Options/General ( but not the offline content), with no result

I have found the Active scan folder in System32 it is still there
    And all the files that was downloaded the last time I tried to download from Panda

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ActiveScan\SET101.tmp - That was the file that I denied myself access to

Do I delete everything - All online and offline content related to Panda by CCleaner- deleting Temporery files ,
    or what do I do?

I still have Kaspersky Online installed, I think

2. zoran

zoran Registered Member

I really don't know really what to do and in wich order, any suggestions are wellcomed
    Thanks

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

Did it happen soon ? What do you mean by saying "manually denied access to file"
    (In order to have access to the particualr folder , you need to right click on it -> Properties -> "Security" tab and make it accessable for you , in XP home you need to be into SafeMode)

Goto Add/Remove programs and unintall it from there.
    Then manually delete C:\Windows\system32\ActiveScan folder
    From C:\Windows\Download Program files find a file releated to Panda and remove it

Open Start->Run->type regedit.exe and navigate to
    Hkey_LocalMachine->Software->Panda Software->ActiveScan
    and manually delete that key(subkeys)

Delete all temporary files and try to install ActiveScan again .

4. zoran

zoran Registered Member

Hi and thanks for responding

When something is detected by AVPE Guard a message pops up with the warning and Options for file in question
    Besides Delete, rename.....there is -Access Deny- and -Ignore-
    I just clicked Ok. forgeting to set to- Ignore - for that file
    That was while installing Panda Ative X

So now I can't find that file at all

Can Hijackthis can be helpfull with the registry,or RegCleaner?

I delete The Panda Installer Class from Control Panel/Internet Options/General/Advanced/Installed Objects?

I'm on XP PRO

Add/Remove won't work and in Start Menu there is no indication of Panda

Thanks!!!

5. Durad

Durad Registered Member

It probably mean that AV Guard does not let you to use that file. If you disable AV guard you should be able to delete that file.

6. zoran

zoran Registered Member

It does but still, I can't find it

Thanks

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I guess AVPE detected Panda files (signatures) as possible malware as does Avast . This is because Panda doesn't encrupt their definitions correctly so some AVs can read the signatures and detect the definition for malware

I don't think so

No , you should see Panda indication of Panda ActiveScan in Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs and there in the list ;)
    What do you mean Add/Remove don't work ? It doesn't start at all or there is no sign of Panda Active Scan ?

You are welcome ! :thumb:

Something else , disable your AV completely and try what I suggested in my previous post. Have you tries using System Restore to restore your Windows to a state exactly as it was before this installation (Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore) Tell us how you go and pls include more details :)

8. zoran

zoran Registered Member

There is indication in Add/remove but it says that the uninstallation is already done and only the entry will be removed from the Add/Remove section

and there is only indication of it without size

There is also indication in Ccleaner in Issues- Obsolete key for uninstall
    I can only disble the Guard in AVPE and I did - Still no trace of the file, in that folder in System32 or anywhere
    even in AVPE files in the Documents and Settings
    I don't even know exactly what was the file in question that was interrupted durring the download

Thanks again

I did try at Avira Forums but they said that I should empty the Temporary Internet files (Control Panel/Internet Options...)
    and they didn't say both Online and Offline or one of them or only the Panda , because I have Kaspersky online files there also and in temporary files too

9. zoran

zoran Registered Member

In Hijackthis there is entry for Panda Online scan -Installer class

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Delete it , then

This is absolutely normal .

I have not so big experience with CCleaner , you can delete that "obsolete" key :)

If there is no folder ActiveScan in C:\Windows\system32 , there is no ActiveScan installed . Make sure you delete the whole registry key for ActiveScan , as I pointed in my previous posts . The files in question were probably the signatures , as I said Panda Software doesn't enctupt their signatures well so some product my read them and detect malware into them . If you want to use Panda ActiveScan again , disable temporary your antivirus , goto http://www.activescan.com and attempt to use it . The system will reinstall ActiveScan for your , download signatures and perform full scan . After Panda's scan is finished , don't forget to turn back ON your antivirus software :thumb:

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I should not comment HiJack This log files , sorry ! :(
    :D :thumb:

12. zoran

zoran Registered Member

Sorry
    it was the file in Active Scan Folder
    AS folder is still there
    but the file is nowhere to be found

Thanks
    I will try to clean everything

13. Arin

Arin Registered Member

@zoran

Just remove the entry of active scan from add/remove list. You can also do
    the same from Ccleaner. After that remove the Activescan folder completely.
    I've never used Activescan but installer class should be into the Windows
    folder. Look for 'Downloaded Program Files' folder, if you find the installer
    class then just delete it. Now disable Avira and reinstall Activescan. After
    using it, you may uninstall it so ALL references will be removed.

14. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ok , read all my post on this thread again and perform them , I am 99% sure they will help :) :cool:

To sum up
    In Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs , find Panda ActiveScan and uninstall it .

Then , goto C:\Windows\system32 and manually delete the whole folder ActiveScan , you can even do it in Safe Mode

Open Start -> Run -> type regedit.exe and press ENTER
    Carefully navigate to Hkey Local Machine -> Software -> Panda Software and delete the whole Panda Software key via right clicking it and choose "delete"

Close regedit.exe

You can delete the "obsolate" keys which CCleaner shows

Now , If you want to use Panda ActiveScan again , disable temporary your antivirus , goto http://www.activescan.com and attempt to use it . The system will reinstall ActiveScan for your , download signatures and perform full scan . After Panda's scan is finished , don't forget to turn back ON your antivirus software :thumb:

:D

15. zoran

zoran Registered Member

Thanks to both of you
    I was just about to do all of this
    Thanks again

16. zoran

zoran Registered Member

I'm sorry if I'm too cautious but I've seen the registry editor for the first time so this I will be deleting-in the picture
    and one in Panda folder which is the same as the first line in one in the picture
    is this Ok.?
    This I think will be my last question
    Thanks and Sorry!

Attached Files:

17. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Don't be sorry. This forum is always open for your questions. I don't think
    deleting the registry entry is necessary but if you wanna go ahead then
    delete the 'Panda Software' entry from the left hand side.

18. zoran

zoran Registered Member

Thanks !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.