Trouble with Backup Archive Validation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kriljan, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kriljan

kriljan Registered Member

Hello; I am using a trial version of True Image Home 10. I have cerated a full disc backup to DVD+RW (2 disks). I am now trying to use the Backup Archive Validation Wizard to ensure my backups are not corrupted. I put disk 1 of my backup in the DVD drive. At the bottom of the Validation Wizard box, under Folder, I have selected E:\First Acronis Full Backup 1(the name I gave my first backup). Under Files of Type, I have tried both options-Backup Archives (*.tib) and All Files (*). They both give me the same Error Message: The selected file is not an Acronis True Image Archive or the file is corrupted. Please, select another file. During creation of "First Full Acronis Backup 1" the app validated the data twice. Once after compression, and again after creation of the backup had finished burning to DVD+RW. It is critical that I can determine if my backups are trustworthy. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

2. kriljan

Backup Archive Validation Wizard Problems

Hello; I am using the trial version of Acronis True Image Home 10. I have created a full backup of my HDD (F:). The backup was put on 2 DVD+RW. During creation, (and if I remember correctly) Acronis verified the backup after compression and again after burning. However, when I try using the Backup Archive Validation Wizard, I get an error message. At the bottom of the wizard window, under Folder; I have selected E:\First Acronis Full Backup 1. E: is my DVD burner and the name following was what I labeled the backup during creation. Then, under Files of Type, I have tried both available options. Backup Archives(*.tib), and All Files(*). For each, I receive the same error message. "The selected file is not an Acronis True Image Home archive or the file is corrupted. Please select another file." I am using new TDK 4x 4.7GB disks. Does anybody have any suggestions for this problem. Being able to verify my backups is critical. I need to be able to rely on this software to properly do its job. However, I am new to Acronis software and I am hopefully missing something obvious. Can anybody offer any suggestions for this problem?Thanx, ahead of time.

3. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Try putting in disk 2 and retry the operation. AFAIK, disk 2 (or the last in a set) contains the info for the entire set.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello kriljan,

While both threads you started today were essentially the same....I have chose to combine the threads since certain spec items were in one thread but not the other.

In the future simply add to your existing thread any specs you may have meant to include but do not start a dupplicate thread Please.

Thanks,
    Bubba

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  5. kriljan

Hello Bubba; Sorry for the 2 identical threads. I got what I thought was an error message after trying to post the first one so I repeated the process. Obviously I was wrong. I will be more careful in the future. Thanx.

Hello TheWeaz; Your solution solved the problem. Thank you very much. I rechecked the user's guide, (chapter 11.1 Validating backup archives), but I could not find the procedure you described (ie.last disc first). This sort of thing is frustrating, but at least you were able to solve the issue. Again, Thanx, kriljan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.