Trouble Settling On A Shadow Program

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by huntnyc, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

I ahve tried now ShadowDefender (SD), DeepFreeze 6 (DF) and Returnil (RVS). Of these, I run into at least some little ro bigger gliches. Some are more aggreviating than others.

SD conflicts with SynchBackSE backup sync program and will not let my profile run without errors.

RVS conflicts when my projector is hooked up to my laptop because I guess the driver is trying to load before Windows XP kicks in.

DF gives me problems with my Acrobat 7 Standard activation kicking in when trying to read documents such as the DF manual when I am in frozen mode. When in thawed mode, no problems. So far except for that small glitch this program has run the smoothes on my laptop. Anyone els running DF seen any activation problems such as with Acrobat and if so, other than going into thawed mode, could you get it sorted out? Thanks.

Have not tried ShadowUser yet but may have to at least give it a try to see if I get similar conflicts.

Gary

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Gary

DF would not install or work correctly for me, RVS refused to go into protected mode & SD perhaps of third reboot I could get it go int shadow mode. I think Prevx2 was the problem. Did you try excluding SyncBack with SD? What did DF's tech support say?

Also I use an nvidia video card driver, i know that DF has troubles with nvidia chipsets. Do you use nvidia video driver. Just curious to see if this was the problem i had with DF.

Take Care
    Rico

3. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Did not try exlucing that folder but might try that now. Thanks.

Have not run it by them yet but probably will next week.

I do have nVidia video card in this laptop so maybe there is something to that. Thanks again. Would love to know if anyone is running any of these programs without any apparent conflicts.

Gary

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Some other options you could try are powershadow, altiris software virtualization, microsoft steadystate and drive vaccine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.