Trouble scanning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Pepzi, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pepzi

Pepzi Guest

Was recommended by a friend to try out your product so i installed demo ver. on my laptop running Me and it worked just fine. I was really impressed about what Nod could do and the easy management so I installed it on my other computer, running XP Pro.

Then the problem started. I am a newbie on these products but i have tryed almost everything but it will not work. I receive some error mess that i cannot figure out.

Physical disk No. 3 - error loading MBR sector
    C:\pagefile.sys - error opening [4]
    [4] Could not read the file. The file is used by another application (or the operating system) with exclusive rights.

(I am not running any other apps , just Nod o_O )

Before installing Nod I unistalled my other third part free av :oops: that Iwas not satisfyed with.

Looking forward to some help to get this good product work as satisfying as on my laptop :)

Rgds, Pepzi
  2. Clweb

Clweb Registered Member

Dec 28, 2002
    The pagefile.sys is the Windows swapfile. So it it a file used by the system and under NT/2000/XP this file cannot be opened by other software.
    So this is a normal behaviour. NOD should complete this message by saying this is normal under NT/2000/XP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.