trojanhunter liveupdate

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ellison64, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Anyone use trojanhunter and nod 2.12.3 (or the new beta) and experiencing problems?.Whenever i perform live update , amon scans it resulting in up too 100% cpu cycle which effectivly freezes the pc for some seconds.This also happens when just pressing the "about" button in trojanhunter too.Ive tried excluding all trojanhunter directories/files etc in amon and imon , but it doesnt seem to make the slightest bit of difference.Anyone have a solution for this problem?
    tia ellison

P.S Ignore the reading of process explorer at 68%cpu.By the time id captured the screenshot my pc had frozen with liveupdate at 100% and process explorer unable to show a true reading for itself.

Attached Files:

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Trojanhunter behaves fine with my NOD Setup. I have no idea what could be causing this problem. Maybe try posting in Trojanhunters forum or see if anyone else there has had similar issues. Magnus is ever watchful there as well as a number of other regular posters... :cool:

3. ellison64

I should have mentioned im using 98se.I have posted in the past on the trojanhunter forum , but seeing as the live update works fine with amon disabled i believe its a nod problem.As you can see from the pic ,nod is scanning the trojanhunter file even though the whole trojanhunter directory has been excluded.
    ellison

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Did you say you had the same issue with the beta as well?

I had Eudora issues with 2.12.3, it was ignoring my exclusions, and slowing down Eudora email checking - more noticable to me than most, as I have about 12 personalities, so it was scanning the eudora items 12 times each email collection.

In the 2.5 beta, from .7 onwards, my exclusion was being heeded, and no Eudora issues have been noted since.

Just wondering as you asked about the beta, but your screenshot appears to be 2.12.3.

regards

Greg

5. ellison64

No.. i havent tried the beta.Im not sure whether anything has been done to the exclusions functions in the beta?.Im waiting for the nod upgrade rather than install the beta as i believe its due shortly.If you experienced problems with delays and the exclusions folder ,then possibly it has been fixed with the new beta?
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.