trojan.small/tracking cookies

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by gunner49, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunner49

gunner49 Registered Member

Hi all

I am having some trouble! When doing a complete scan Ewido finds some 2000 and more tracking cookies like this one here:
    :mozilla.101:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000039. -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Error during cleaning

and also this trojan:
    C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000024. -> Trojan.Small : Cleaned with backup (quarantined). Going into quarantine nothing is found!

No matter what I select how to treat (delete, quarantine) it gives me "error during cleaning/quarantine" and when I re-scan the cookies and this trojan are found again! They all seem to be in the C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\ path and all the cookies have got this prefix: ":mozilla."

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

2. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

Please update your Norton software and then deactivate the NProtect function of this Norton Software. Now the ewido software should be able to remove these detected threats.

3. gunner49

Thanks for reply mate...
    My Norton is up to date and if the Nprotect function is the one associated with the Recycle bin I already did that as well from Recycle Bin properties but still to no avail

4. MikeW2

MikeW2 Registered Member

5. gunner49

Thanks for the info MikeW2, but I dont think its my case. I searched the registry for "npprotect" but didnt find any instances of that file whatsoever.
    I am now trying to delete the files in c:\recycler\nprotect manually and see what happens.

This is driving me mad!

6. MikeW2

MikeW2 Registered Member

Good luck

7. gunner49

I'm using norton 2003. My issue is more the amount of cookies that ewido is finding than norton. I can boot norton away. My concern are the cookies and the trojan which Ad-Aware finds none of them!

8. gunner49

deleted manually all files from the C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT folder, did a scan and finally nothing found...hope i'm sorted now;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.